Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Path Is Clear

...and the ticket is in the pocket..! It was a kind of a mish-mash to the very end (of purchase) decisions being made and changed within a day...it gets trickier when you set off to travel with a person you've never met before. I have put an ad on a (surprisingly active) croatian web-page for travelers and I got a few responses, but it was all months ago when I had different thoughts and ideas. However, one person remained in my life during these months and now we are prepping for our short but sweet asian adventure :)

As I was all too keen to get away somewhere right after six months of work and isolation, I've done another short european trip, scheduled around a visit to an old friend who was with his work in Palma de Mallorca for a month. As it happens, making a zig-zag plane route is both cheaper and more interesting, so I used the chance to finally see the famous Cologne Cathedral, remind myself of Barcelona, and check what all the fuss about Berlin was about. I couldn't recall but a glimpse of the school trip to Barcelona - after all it was 19 (!!) years ago and I was told the city has changed a lot in the last decade. I will admit Berlin was done more out of convenience (the only relatively cheap flights from Croatia to Europe in the winter months are the flights from Zagreb to a few major german cities. Fullstop.) and my sister really wanted to go, so I met her there for a weekend. It left a lasting mark on me as a multicultural place with opportunities that is now calling me to come back to its livelihood...From not even considering Germany as a place to move to it has become number one, thanks to Berlin. Not that I don't love Germany - the little I've seen, that is south Bavaria, is gorgeous in its own way.

Time to finally put a few pics here :)





No comments:

Post a Comment